Philadelphia 76ers Practice Facility Opens Today In Camden. Clap your hands, everybody! It’s 76ers seasons ladies and gentleman and we are happy to announce that we got an exclusive tour of the new practice facility located in Camden, NJ.
Fun Facts About 76ers Practice Facility In Camden, New Jersey:
- The basketball courts are made of 16,384 pieces of Maple Wood Athletic Flooring.
- Acoustical tile is arranged on the walls of the basketball courts to prevent echoing and sound vibrations.
- The interior layout required 1,500 sheets of drywall and 22,500 screws.
- 1,384 square yards of concrete were poured just to complete the first floor.
- The basketball courts are comprised of two full size NBA courts and six additional shooting baskets for a total of two hoops.
- The Philadelphia 76ers Training Complex is 125,000 square feet in total – the basketball facility is 66,230 square feet with 20,480 square feet making up the basketball courts.
- Both the main and player entrance reception desks feature wood from the basketball court that Wilt Chamberlain famously shot his NBA record 100 point game.
- The Philadelphia 76ers Training Complex broke ground on January 25, 2015 by Intech Construction. Since then over 60 different trades have been worked on the construction.